Uses for Food-Grade Hydrogen Peroxide in Your Kitchen, Bathroom and Other Parts of Your Home
In addition to using food-grade Hydrogen Peroxide in your farming and gardening, did you know you can use it around the home as well?
We've highlighted a few of these important uses below.
Find out more about food-grade hydrogen peroxide.
In the Bathroom:
- Cleaner: Keep a spray bottle of 3% H2O2 in the bathroom for disinfecting counter tops, toilet and shower.
- Body Spray: Keep a spray bottle of 3% H2O2 in the shower. Spray your body before towel drying.
- Facial Cleanser/Freshener: Use 3% H2O2 on a cotton ball after washing. This may be helpful for acne conditions also.
- Mouthwash: Use 3% H2O2. Add a dash of liquid chlorophyll for flavoring, if desired.
- Toothpaste: Use baking soda and add enough 3% H2O2 to make a paste. Or, just dip your brush in 3% H2O2 and brush. Helps with gingivitis as it kills bacteria and acts as a teeth whitener also!
- Deodorant: Use a cotton ball soaked in 3% H2O2 and clean under armpits or use 3% spray after shower or as needed.
Hydrogen Peroxide 3% (food grade)
Hydrogen Peroxide 3% (food grade) H2O2 8oz. Spray Bottle
OXY+PLUS Black Cherry/Strawberry
In the Kitchen:
- Cleaning: Keep a spray bottle of 3% H2O2 in the kitchen. Use it to wipe off counter tops and appliances. It disinfects and gives the kitchen a fresh smell.
- In the Dishwasher: Add 2oz. of 3% H2O2 to your regular washing formula. It will not only clean your dishwasher but your glasses will really sparkle.
- Fruit and Vegetable Soak: Add ¼ cup 3% H2O2 to a sink full of cold water. Soak light vegetables (lettuce, etc.) 15 minutes. Thicker skinned fruits and vegetable (cucumbers, apple, etc.) for 20 minutes. Drain and dry. (They will keep longer too.). Alternatively, you can spray the fruits and vegetables with straight 3% H2O2, let stand or 5-10 minutes, rinse and dry.
- Leftover Tossed Salad: Put 1 Tbsp 3% H2O2 in 1/2 cup water, and spray the top of the salad with the solution before covering and refrigerating. If you aren’t in the mood for salad, the next day, try this: Put the salad (everything.. tomatoes, radishes and all) in the blender with 1/2 cup juice (tomato, carrot, etc.). Blend and fold in an additional 1/2 cup of juice. Add seasoning to taste and drink your salad.Voila: a Green Smoothie!
- Meat Tenderizer and Disinfect Bacteria: Place meat (chicken, fish, beef etc..) in a bowl and cover with water. Add 1-2 cups of 3% H2O2. (depending on how much meat you are preparing) Let soak for 30 minutes or put it in the refrigerator (loosely covered) overnight. Rinse and cook.
- Soaking/Sprouting Seeds: Add 2oz. 3% H2O2 per pint of water and soak for 1 hour. Rinse and drain using water with 1oz. 3% H2O2 – twice a day.
- Soaking/Sprouting Nuts and Beans: Add 1 cup 3% H2O2 to a large bowl of water with 3lbs. of nuts or beans. (eg. almonds, pecans, walnuts, kidney beans, black beans etc..) Let soak for 2-4 hours until a light foamy scum forms on the surface of the water. This will clean nuts and beans of bacteria/fungus etc. Rinse well, then refill with fresh water, add 2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar and let soak overnight. For Nuts : rinse and dehydrate. This makes crispy nuts, which makes them easier to digest. For Beans : rinse and cook
Other Parts of the Home:
- Humidifiers/Vaporizers: Use 1 pint 3% H2O2 in 1 gallon of water. Acts as an air purifier against bacteria and viruses in the home. (Helps keep them clean, too.)
- Laundry: Add 8oz. 3% H2O2 to your wash in place of bleaches.
- Blood Stain Remover: Spray 3% H2O2 on blood stains and watch it foam up! Wash right away.
- Houseplants: Put 1oz. 3% H2O2 in 1 quart of water. Water or mist plants with this solution. For use as an insecticide spray, mix one cup white sugar with 4â8oz. 3% H2O2 in 1 gallon of water.
- Hot Tub: Start up with 8oz. 35% H2O2 to 250 gallons of water. Maintain with 6-8oz. of 35% H2O2 weekly, depending on use and direct sunshine on water. Use in place of chlorine.
For further reading:
Using Food-Grade Hydrogen Peroxide in your Garden and on your Farm
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published