HEALTHandMED 100% Organic Grapefruit Essential Oil
Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi)
ALL HEALTHandMED ESSENTIAL OILS ARE:Ā 100% organic, non-GMO-certified, āFair For Lifeā/fair trade-certified, Kosher and Halal-certified products.
- Raw plants are converted into oil by steam distillation, the purest form of conversion, which leaves behind all undesirable components and preserves only the quintessential plant oil.
- HM oils are carefully monitored throughout the production process to ensure purity.
- HM oils are safe and efficacious with absolutely no adulteration, no nature identical synthetics, and no blending of species to increase yields.
- HM oils go through a litany of tests such as chiral purity testing, gas chromatography, fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, optical rotation, and aroma comparison to assure genuine quality and no contamination.
- All HM oils are certified by LACON Institut GmbH., which has been the USDA accredited international gold standard of organic certification for over a decade.
- Certifications of purity are present leading all the way back to the raw plants to ensure a product direct from farm to bottle with no stops in between.
THERAPEUTIC PROPERTIES: tonic, digestive, antiseptic, anti-infective, restorative
AFFINITY FOR: urinary tract, lymphatic system, triple warmer meridian, spleen meridian, heart chakra
RESONANCE: physical, emotional, mental
PLANT FAMILY: Rutaceae
PART UTILIZED: fruit
EXTRACTION METHOD: cold pressed
AROMATIC CONSIDERATIONS: Grapefruit is uplifting to the mind and spirit. It is hard to be negative or anxious in the presence of this oil, because it promotes feelings of joy, confidence, and spontaneity. Grapefruit should be diffused or inhaled for performance stress or to cope with jet lag.
APPLICATION: Grapefruit should be diluted and applied to the feet or to areas of the body needing to release emotions, cellulite, or both.
EMOTIONAL / SPIRITUAL / MENTAL ASPECTS: Pure grapefruit essential oil is very joyous and positive. It can be a ray of bright light guiding us out of darkness and depression. Grapefruit is equally good for mental exhaustion and mental tension. Grapefruit seems to address the emotional issues of self-worth and discontent with one’s body that are so often a part of anorexia and other eating disorders.
The aroma of grapefruit is particularly suited to people who, when tense or under pressure, eat as a means of relieving stress or finding comfort. Often, the driving emotion is frustration because their too high expectations have not been met in some way. If they reacted to their frustration with anger or blame of themselves or others, a layer of guilt is added to the frustration. Grapefruit is used in treatment programs for drug withdrawal and to cope with the after-effects of drinking too many alcoholic beverages.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS: Pure grapefruit essential oil detoxifies the lymphatic system. This makes it a useful tonic for many body systems. It is specific for water retention and the dissolving of cellulite. Grapefruit aids with gallstones, water retention, and kidney and liver disorders. Grapefruit, diluted in water, can be used as an astringent face wash for acne. Grapefruit can relieve a migraine headache and return the energy system to normal after long jet flights. Grapefruit is one of the best oils for premenstrual water retention and headache.
CAUTIONS: Grapefruit is photo-toxic. It is recommended by some experts that you avoid exposing areas of skin to which grapefruit has been applied to sunlight or UV rays for at least 12 hours.