Health Benefits of Whole Body Vibration
Whole Body Vibration Benefits
Whole Body Vibration therapy grew out of a program used to train Russian cosmonauts and is now used by millions of people to treat a variety of ailments as well as to enhance everyday workout and fitness activities!
During Whole Body Vibration Machine training almost 100% of the muscle fibers are utilized, which improves blood circulation, lymphatic drainage and metabolism. Whole Body Vibration Machines stimulate muscles which will pump blood into the smallest capillaries of the body, allowing the cells to receive fuel more rapidly and causing waste products to be disposed of much faster. Also, by enhancing your local circulation they help to build a stronger immune system. In addition to helping to build bone density, fight osteoporosis, and reduce your back and joint pains. Whole-body vibration is also said to reduce cellulite and stimulate collagen production for smoother skin, as well as boost human growth hormone levels and lymphatic flow. It may also speed muscle recovery after working out and help balance stress hormones.
The reported benefits of vibration include improvements in bone health and neuromuscular function. Increases in femoral neck bone mineral density have been reported in postmenopausal women, though no significant effect was observed in postmenopausal women taking alendronate.
In certain trials of older men and women, training with whole body vibration significantly improved muscle torque and power, and were proportionately greatest in plantarflexion and to a lesser extent knee extension, while hip flexion and extension, and knee flexion and dorsiflexion measures were unaltered.
Neuromuscular benefits of vibration training were significantly greater than those of resistance exercise in some studies. Whole body vibration training also improved measures of mobility, gait and balance that have previously been related to fall risk.
Training with a Whole Body Vibration Machine may be attractive for those who are unwilling or unable to exercise.
Whole Body Vibration has been known to:
- Burn fat and reshape the body in the hip, waist and abdomen.
- Tone and build muscle.
- Increase Bone Mineral Density
- Tighten the skin.
- Decrease cellulite and boosts your body's natural collagen production
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Reduce recovery time after workouts.
- Dramatically increase flexibility: Due to better blood flow, heating of the muscles and the tendon stretching reflex, the body becomes much more supple and relaxed.
- Improve sense of balance and coordination: The receptors in the entire body are stimulated at the same time, which leads to improved coordination of the relating muscles at the same time your sense of balance is being trained.
- Alleviate stress: Causes better mood and sense of well being. The vibrations help you relax and can also help you fight insomnia.