HEALTHandMED Fiber and More Powder - 21.2oz
- Digestive cleanse, fiber matrix, glutamine, probiotics, prebiotics, enzymes
- Helps maintain a healthy digestive tract by keeping the intestines free of harmful pathogens and bacteria.
- Helps prevent food allergy and sensitivity problems by stopping undigested food from getting into the blood stream
- Helps immune function, balances blood sugar, prevents the breakdown of lean muscle, increases brain activity.
- Contains clinically supported nutrients that promote long-term health
HEALTHandMED Fiber and More
600 grams. Formulated to gently cleanse, purify, and rejuvenate your digestive tract. It provides 11 grams of fiber per serving (the perfect matrix of 6 grams of insoluble and 5 grams of soluble). That is 44% of the R.D.A. for fiber in one serving and a full range of digestive tract nutrients that will help repair, restore, rebalance and revitalize your digestion. The U.S. government recommended daily intake for fiber is 25 grams per day. The American Heart Association, the American Cancer Society and American Dietetic association recommends a minimum of 35 to 45 grams per day. The average American only consumes about 10 grams of fiber per day.
GENTLE AND SAFE
Fiber is classified as a carbohydrate. Although it provides no vitamins, minerals, or calories, it does play an extremely important role in the overall health of your body. There are two types of fiber – those that dissolve in water (soluble) and those which do not (insoluble). It is important to consume a balanced mix of both forms. The water soluble fibers are pectins, gums, and mucilages. They are found mainly in citrus fruits, apples, potatoes, dried peas and beans, oatmeal, and oat bran. Soluble and insoluble fiber has been shown to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, thus lowering incidences of heart and cardiovascular disease. Watersoluble fiber also slows the digestion of carbohydrates, thus slowing the release of glucose into the blood. This lowers or stabilizes blood sugar, which is great news for diabetics. Regular soluble and insoluble fiber consumption has also been shown to have powerful cancerÂfighting capabilities. Insoluble fiber has been proven clinically to prevent colon cancer as well as many other types of digestive tract disorders. Colon cancer alone is responsible for over 50,000 deaths each year.
The two most common watersoluble fibers are cellulose and lignin. They form the framework of plant cell walls. Neither cellulose found in wheat bran, whole wheat, whole grain breakfast cereals, broccoli and carrots, nor lignin found in asparagus, wheat bran, and pears will dissolve in water, but both have a great ability to absorb it. This means that they bulk up stools and speed the passage of waste through the intestines, functions believed to reduce the risk of colon cancer and promote healthy digestive tract wellness. If you have not been eating enough fiber, it is wise to increase your intake slowly. Taking too much fiber all at once can cause gas, bloating, and diarrhea. It is also important to drink plenty of extra water when you consume plenty of fiber, otherwise you might irritate or even block your digestive tract. Eating a diet that is high in fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains helps considerably. Many grains, brans, fruits, and vegetables contain both types of fiber. No animal food (meat, eggs, etc.) provides any fiber whatsoever. We highly recommend you increase your intake of fiber on purpose with a dietary fiber powder. The American Dietetic Association reports that most people actually consume about 11 grams of fiber per day. You would have to consume about 12 to 15 servings of fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grain foods daily to get the recommended 35-45 grams per day. It is extremely important to increase your daily intake of fiber. Taking Fiber and More dietary fiber powder is an ideal way to supplement your diet with soluble and insoluble fiber and many other important nutrients.
HEALTHandMED’s Fiber and More soluble and insoluble fiber supplement also contains these beneficial ingredients:
- Probiotics:These essential and beneficial bacteria work synergistically together with dietary fiber to produce and maintain a healthy digestive tract and to keep the intestines free of harmful pathogens and bacteria. (Lactobacillus Acidolphilus, Lactobacillus Bulgarius, Bifidobacterium, Bifidum, and Longum)
- Prebiotics:Act as nourishment for the Probiotics to promote a healthybalance and enhance function of your digestive tract. FOS feeds the Probiotics the necessary nutrients it requires to thrive properly in the intestinal tract (Fructoolligisaccharides)
- Digestive Enzymes:Are responsible for the breakdown and assimilation of foods we eat. They also help prevent food allergies and sensitivities by preventing undigested food from getting into the blood stream. (Protease, Amylase, Lipase, Cellulose, Papain, Betaine)
- Glutamine:The amino acid responsible for structural integrity of the bowel. Helps immune function, balances blood sugar and prevents the breakdown of lean muscle as well as increase the activity of the brain.
- Aloe Vera Gel:Soothes, cleanses, heals, and regenerates cells. Aloe is one of the most amazing plants on the earth and its healing properties have been documented for thousands of years.
- Flax Seed Powder:Very high in essential fatty acids including Omega 3, calcium, iron, vitamin E and many other nutrients as well as cancer fighting phytochemicals called lignans.
- Slippery Elm:This incredible herb is a member of the Elm (Ulmus) family. Internally, it is commonly used for colds or fevers and to soothe an irritated digestive system, which is one of its main uses. The large mucilage content of Slippery Elm is also responsible for its wonderful healing and soothing action. In most herbal literature this is termed a ‘demulcent’ or an ’emollient’ agent, which means it is a soothing substance.
- Beet Powder:A dense source of nutrients and phytochemicals and is highly beneficial for the digestive tract, liver, and strengthens blood cells.
- Serving Size: 1 heaping scoop (20 g)
- Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving:
- Calories – 25
- Calories from fat – 0
- Total fat – 0 g – 0% Daily Value
- Saturated fat – 0 g – 0% Daily Value
- Cholesterol – 0 mg – 0% Daily Value
- Sodium – 10 mg – 0% Daily Value
- Total carbohydrates – 11 g – 4% Daily Value
- Dietary fiber – 11 g – 44% Daily Value
- Soluable Fiber – 6 g
- Insoluable fiber – 5 g
- Sugars – 5 g
- Protein – 3 g
- Vitamin C – 0% Daily Value
- Calcium – 20 mg – 2% Daily Value
- Iron – 1 mg – 4% Daily Value
- Magnesium – 8 mg – 2% Daily Value
- Other ingredients: Fiber blend 9 gum arabic, cellulose powder, guar gum, psyllium seed powder, apple pectin, citrus pectin, oat bran, oat fiber), fructose, maltodextrin, fructooligosaccharides, natural flavors, malic acid, L-glutamine, flax seed powder, beet powder, aloe vera gel, slippery elm, stevia extract, enzyme blend (lipase, amylase, protease, cellulase, betaine and papain), lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacilus bulgaricus, bifidobacterium bifidum and bifidobacterium longum.
(Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet)
- Use this soluble and insoluble fiber supplement at least once daily
- Add 1 scoop (about 2 Tablespoons) of HEALTHandMED Fiber & More dietary fiber powder to 12-16 ounces of purified or distilled water or juice and mix well. Consume and follow with another 8-10 ounces of purified or distilled water.
- If desired, a second serving of this soluble and insoluble fiber supplement may be used later in the day, or use as directed by your health care provider