HEALTHandMED 100% Organic Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender (Lavandula officinalis)
GENERAL INFORMATION:Lavender is a universal oil that has been shown to balance the body and to work wherever there is a need. It is called ‘the grandmother’ of essential oils because it cares for and
nurtures us through such a variety of physical and emotional stresses. If you don’t know what essential oil to reach for, try lavender.
ALL HEALTHandMED ESSENTIAL OILS ARE: 100% organic, non-GMO-certified, “Fair For Life”/fair trade-certified, Kosher and Halal-certified products.
- Raw plants are converted into oil by steam distillation, the purest form of conversion, which leaves behind all undesirable components and preserves only the quintessential plant oil.
- HM oils are carefully monitored throughout the production process to ensure purity.
- HM oils are safe and efficacious with absolutely no adulteration, no nature identical synthetics, and no blending of species to increase yields.
- HM oils go through a litany of tests such as chiral purity testing, gas chromatography, fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, optical rotation, and aroma comparison to assure genuine quality and no contamination.
- All HM oils are certified by LACON Institut GmbH., which has been the USDA accredited international gold standard of organic certification for over a decade.
- Certifications of purity are present leading all the way back to the raw plants to ensure a product direct from farm to bottle with no stops in between.
THERAPEUTIC PROPERTIES: antiseptic, diuretic, expectorant, emmenagogue, antiparasitic
AFFINITY FOR:digestive system, lymphatic system, cardiovascular system, reproductive system, genito-urinary system, immune system, nerves, brain, solar plexus, all heart meridians, base chakra
RESONANCE:physical, mental, emotional, spiritual
PLANT FAMILY: Labiatae
PART UTILIZED:flowering tops
EXTRACTION METHOD:steam distilled
AROMATIC CONSIDERATIONS: Lavender can help us move from judgement to kindness and generosity.
APPLICATION: There is probably no wrong way to apply or diffuse lavender.
EMOTIONAL / SPIRITUAL / MENTAL ASPECTS: One of the great emotional gifts of pure lavender oil is the feeling of total and unchanging support around us. It leaves us with no room for doubt that we are loved and will be
supported in life’s challenges and in the process of healing. Lavender promotes faith, even in the hard times. Lavender brings balance between masculine and feminine energy and traits.
Lavender is a gentle, but effective, sedative and nervine. It can bring relief from anxiety, panic, hysteria, emotional and mental fatigue, headaches and migraines, and insomnia.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS: Pure lavender oil can be used for nearly all skin conditions. It can be applied to cuts, sunburns, burns, rashes, dermatitis, eczema, and insect bites. Consistent use of lavender with burns and injuries
minimizes scarring. Lavender, usually as part of a blend, is often used to prevent or remedy conditions of dandruff and hair loss. Lavender is antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, cytophylactic, and antispasmodic, making it effective
for muscle strains and sprains, cramps, and wound healing.
Lavender clears excess waste products from the lymphatic system and is an aid to digestion. Lavender is sometimes all that is needed to prevent or alleviate nausea. Mildly diuretic, lavender can be useful in alleviating
edema and premenstrual water retention. Whether the root of the problem is emotional or physical, lavender is often effective in stabilizing both high or low blood pressure and regulating the pulse. Lavender, or blends containing
it, is used to lessen pain and promote restful sleep. Lavender is useful for babies with thrush.
CAUTIONS: Lavender is wonderfully calming in small amounts, but can be stimulating if used in too large a quantity or too often. This is especially true with babies and small children.