Each Pack comes with TWO FREE RADICAL – LPO TEST KITS
According to M. Amin, Ph.D, Doctor of Natural Medicine, the free radical test is an excellent way to measure the progress of one’s ionic detox program . A minimum of Two test kits are required (two included in one box) – one at the beginning and one for the end of a treatment protocol. The level of free radicals, or unstable atoms in the body in general reflects the level of toxicity or unhealthy contaminants within.
The LPO at-home urine test allows you to determine the amount of stress on the body caused by free radical activity. People who are undergoing ionic foot detoxification treatments or who want to assess their diet or nutritional supplements can benefit from measuring the levels of free radicals in the body.
The LPOKit measures the level of free radicals or lipid peroxidation in the body, thus reflecting the body’s relative level of aging.
- Tests for the presence of MDA metabolite which is produced from free radicals
- The testing process is easy, accurate and safe! No blood test required, only a few drops of urine
- By using the LPOKit to monitor the level of free radicals within the body, ionic detox sessions, diet, fatigue level and antioxidant intake can be assessed.
Why is The LPO Kit Superior to Other Free Radical Test Kits?
- Other kits use Schiff’s reagent (basic fuchsin, sodium hydrogen sulfite, and hydrochloric acid) which is a simple aldehyde detection method, which does not respond to urine, and does not detect formeldahyde (HCHO) or malondialdehyde (MDA), key indicators of free radical activity. The LPO Kit (basic fuchsin, sodium hydrogen sulfite, and phosphoric acid) responds well to HCHO, MDA and urine.
- Accuracy – LPO test kit value correlates extremely well with MDA levels in research studies
What is MDA?
MDA (malondialdehyde) is one representative type of lipid peroxide and the end product of a lipid peroxidation process by reactive oxygen species. Lipid peroxidation can be defined as the oxidative deterioration of lipids, or the process of free radicals stealing electrons from the lipids in cell membranes, resulting in cell damage. Unsaturated fatty acid molecules such as linolenic acid, secondary linolenic acid, arachidonic acid, DHA and EPA from fish oil, all can be oxidized by the presence of free radicals to produce lipid-oxidizing-inducing metabolite. This oxidation will trigger a free radical chain reaction, producing the MDA end product. The presence of MDA creates harmful substances in the body. Measuring MDA levels is a proactive method of taking charge of one’s relative health.
How to Use LPO Kit
What Are Free Radicals and Why Fight Them?
Free radicals can be formed either naturally as byproducts of metabolic processes (such as fighting diseases) or external sources. Some external sources include:
- Toxic metals from food and the environment like lead, cadmium, mercury, etc.
- Excess bacteria, yeast
- Rx and over-the-counter drugs
- Trans fats
- Physical and/or emotional stress
If unchecked by an anti-oxidant, free radicals attack the cell walls and cell constituents, including DNA and other opportune targets, particularly those containing polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs). When free radicals react with PUFAs, a chain reaction occurs generating even more free radicals.Free radicals can damage both the structure and function of cell membranes, nucleic acids and electron dense regions of proteins. This can result in:
- Cell death or alteration of the cell’s response to ion flux and neurotransmitters
- Mutations that may be carcinogenic
- Inactivation of enzymes and other proteins
- Destruction of affected tissues and organs
How Do Free Radicals Do Damage?
Each free radical can destroy an enzyme or protein molecule or even an entire cell. The damage isactually even more extensive because each free radical usually generates a chain of free-radical reactions, resulting in thousands of free radicals being released to destroy body components.
Five basic types of damage caused by free radicals:
- Lipid peroxidation – free radicals initiate damage to fat compounds in the body, causing them toturn rancid and release more free radicals.
- Cross-linking – free radical reactions cause proteins and/or DNA molecules to fuse together.
- Membrane damage – free radical reactions destroy the integrity of the cell membrane, which inturn interferes with the cell?s ability to take in nutrients and expel wastes.
- Lysosome damage – free-radical reactions rupture lysosome cell (digestive particle)membranes; these then spill into the cell and digest critical cell compounds.
- Accumulation of the age pigment (lipofuscin) – may interfere with cell chemistry.
Why Detoxify with an Ionic Foot Bath?
The health benefits of negative ions are well known. When water is ionized and split into H+ and OH- ions (and sometimes into H3O+ and H2O2 ions), these ions are able to enter the body through the 4,000 large pores of the feet. Then the circulatory and lymphatic systems transport the ions throughout the body. These ions neutralize oppositely charged toxins in the cells that are normally slow to exit the body. In this way, all the body’s organs can become energized and stimulated to function optimally. The body then rids itself of these toxins through its normal processes of urination, defecation and sweating.
Ionic detox has been known to:
- Remove toxins, free radicals and body waste products that can cause health problems (In an Aug. ’04 study by Carlos A. Lopez-Moreno, MD, there was a significant deposit of urea, creatinine and glucose in the foot basin in 12 patients with chronic illnesses.)
- Chelate toxic metals
- In a 2008 study by Center for Research Strategies (crsllc.org), 31 participants underwent ionic detox two times per week for 12 weeks. The amount of aluminum and arsenic in their blood was measured before and after the 12 weeks. The average blood aluminum level decreased by 46% from 79.8 ppb (parts per billion) to 43.1 ppb. The average blood arsenic level decreased 24% from 4.6 ppb to 3.5 ppb.
- In a 2002 study by Doctor’s Data in St. Charles, IL, there was an average increase in toxic metals found in the foot basin from nine independent sessions. Here is a list of metals that increased in concentration:
Metal Percentage Increase Copper 905% Aluminum 339% Lead 233% Iron 174% Manganese 140% Antimony 128% Cadmium 119%
- Raise pH levels. Approximately 95% of people experience a state of acidity in which their blood pH is lower than 7.45, indicating an excess of hydrogen ions. This makes an ideal breeding ground for worms, parasites, microorganisms and other critters that lower body function and cause disease.
- Inactivate viruses, bacteria, yeast and fungus
- Relieve pain and tension including headaches
- Purify the blood and lymph
- Stimulate and balance the immune system
- Enhance nutrient absorption
- Reduce inflammation and unwanted fluid retention
- Help clear up skin
- Assist in weight loss
- Slow down aging and improve body flexibility
- Quicken recovery time from disease or injury
- Increase oxygen in the body
- Rejuvenate and energize your whole body
- Improve sleep