The most educationally-sound Mittleider gardening book available anywhere.
Grow 5-10 Times More Food from Your Garden with Less Space, Less Work, Less Cost, Less Water and No Weeds!
Is the Mittleider Method for me?
Ask yourself the following questions to decide if the Mittleider Method is for you:
Do you want to:
- produce a large quanitity of food in a small area of land?
- minimize gardening time and effort?
- garden with only simple gardening tools (so I won’t need to invest in expensive equipment)?
- conserve water?
- achieve uniform plant growth and raise healthy, attractive plants?
- minimize weeding time?
- make sure my plants are getting the nutrients they need for optimum growth (no matter what my soil is like)?
- harvest two or three crops each year?
- grow any vegetable, in any climate, with minimal water and effort per unit of produce?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, the Mittleider Method is for you.
Read a Chapter
Download Chapter 16: Automated Watering (PDF, 356 KB) and learn how to install a simple PVC Mittleider Watering System.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Introduction
Part 2: Soil-Bed Basics
Part 3: Grow-Box Basics
Part 4: Mittleider Advanced Topics
- Caring for Climbing Plants
- Automated Watering
- Understanding Fertilizers
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Problem Soils
- Destructive Insects
- Common Plant Diseases
- Seedling Production
- Cold-Weather Gardening
Appendix A: Soil-Bed Garden Genius Planning Forms
Appendix B: Grow-Box Garden Genius Planning Forms
Appendix C: Reference Tables for Planning Your Garden
Appendix D: Constructing a Seedhouse
Appendix E: Learn More References
Appendix F: Updates and Improvements – Too large to include on the page
Appendix G: How to Build & Use T-Frames, 4′-Wide Grow-Boxes, And In-The-Garden Greenhouse