HEALTHandMED Frankincense 100% Organic Essential Oil
Frankincense (Boswellia carterii)
ALL HEALTHandMED ESSENTIAL OILS ARE: 100% organic, non-GMO-certified, “Fair For Life”/fair trade-certified, Kosher and Halal-certified products.
- Raw plants are converted into oil by steam distillation, the purest form of conversion, which leaves behind all undesirable components and preserves only the quintessential plant oil.
- HM oils are carefully monitored throughout the production process to ensure purity.
- HM oils are safe and efficacious with absolutely no adulteration, no nature identical synthetics, and no blending of species to increase yields.
- HM oils go through a litany of tests such as chiral purity testing, gas chromatography, fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, optical rotation, and aroma comparison to assure genuine quality and no contamination.
- All HM oils are certified by LACON Institut GmbH., which has been the USDA accredited international gold standard of organic certification for over a decade.
- Certifications of purity are present leading all the way back to the raw plants to ensure a product direct from farm to bottle with no stops in between.
THERAPEUTIC PROPERTIES: tonic, stimulant, expectorant, antidepressant, antiseptic, revitalizer, anti-catarrhal, anti-tumoral
AFFINITY FOR: respiratory system, digestive system, circulation, urinary tract, skin, cellular structure and strength, earth meridian, crown chakra
RESONANCE: mental, emotional, spiritual, physical
PLANT FAMILY: Burseraceae
PART UTILIZED: resin
EXTRACTION METHOD: distilled
AROMATIC CONSIDERATIONS: Frankincense can be used to reduce anxiety and nervous tension, and in times of stress or fear.
APPLICATION: Frankincense can be applied to any area of the body. It is of great benefit diffused.
EMOTIONAL / SPIRITUAL / MENTAL ASPECTS: Frankincense is an excellent choice for those who are afraid of death, fear coming changes in their lives, or have suffered the loss of a loved one. Helps us link the past with the future, allowing us to connect cause and effect, actions and consequences, to one another. As we make these connections, we can choose our course more wisely in the future.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS: Frankincense has a reputation worldwide for crossing the blood/brain barrier, carrying oxygen and nutrients to the pineal and pituitary glands within the brain. It is the sesquiterpenes contained in frankincense that give it this ability. (There are many essential oils besides frankincense which contain sesquiterpenes. Some of them even contain more sesquiterpenes than frankincense.)
Frankincense is useful for skin disorders and circulation problems. It has a very beneficial effect on respiratory conditions such as cough, bronchitis, and pneumonia. Frankincense is of benefit in any condition that is caused or worsened by nervous tension and emotional trauma.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Frankincense is considered a holy oil in the Middle East. It has been used since ancient times in meditations. It is said that frankincense improves communication between us and our Creator.
In ancient Israel, frankincense was used to anoint the newborn sons of kings and priests. Perhaps, the magi brought frankincense to the infant Jesus as a symbolic representation of who he really was.
Frankincense was also used during the time of approaching death. It was thought to assist a person in making the transition from life to death. Certainly, Christ’s eventual death for all of us was the purpose of his life. I find the reverse symbolism of life from death – resurrection – to be equally powerful.
Frankincense was also used in the embalming of the dead. Perhaps its inclusion in the rare and precious gifts was an acknowledgement of the life and mission of the Savior of the World.